Re: Scores in Gnome mines.

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Bruno Widmann wrote:

> >   files named gnomine.10x10x1.scores or something like this. Is it
> > possible to have
> >   just one file for scores in custom mode and record the height, width
> > and number of
> >   mines in the score file instead, or should we just forget about scores
> > in this mode?
> >

> yep, store that, and do the ranking after some formula, like
>
>              width*height (of Minefield)
>               time-needed to clear it

What about number of mines? I don't think there's any good way to make
score list in custom mode..

Btw, what about that gnomine patch someone put here some days ago, why
wasn't it put to cvs? The one where first click finds a good startup
place.. I think that was a good idea at least and seemed to work, don't
know how good the code itself was :)