Re: Device (un)mount applet

Mark Galassi writes:
>[regarding a mount/umount applet]
>
>    Bruno> We could add this to the new diskusage-applet. So you could
>    Bruno> right click on it, and there would be submenu mount, with
>    Bruno> all the entrys in fstab which aren't mounted now.
>
>I think Bruno's idea is a very good one: applet functionality which is
>seldom used should be a menu in a related applet.  This would save
>panel real estate.

What about the people that don't want to use an applet such as the
diskusage-applet? I personally don't need such an applet, and don't want
to run it just to get some functionality on my system that can be provided by
one that is smaller (less screen real estate). Plus I don't think a newbie is going
to relate disk-usage to mounting of drives, even less if the function is buried
under a menu you have to right click. An Icon that looks like a floppy drive
is much better suited to a newbie, and once they learn the system, let them
decide if they want to continue using the applet.

--
John Ellis <gqview@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/