Re: Device (un)mount applet

> Is anyone working on such a feature? If not I could start writing
> such a facility myself. My idea is to have a panel applet that could be
> configured to mount a directory (like /mnt/cdrom) using the mount
> command. To keep it simple, an entry must be in /etc/fstab so
> a command such as 'mount /mnt/cdrom' would work.

You can also create a desktop entry in ~/desktop that includes the
command you want to execute.  Probably the shell command would just
flip mount/unmount depending on the current state.

I need to figure a way to have those desktop entries do nicer stuff.
Like, it would be nice that you could change the icon on the fly for
those icons.  Say, I could create a pipe and pass that pipe to the
process and you could talk trough it.

Best wishes,
Miguel.