Problems with gnome window hints

I am having a small problem with gnome window hints.  I am running E from
CVS so it should support gnome.  I am running the WM from the session
manager.

Here is the problem.  If the panel starts first, it checks to see if a
gnome compliant wm exists, which doesn't, since E hasn't had time to start
up yet, and so it does not set the gnome window hints for the layer,
state, etc.

How would I work around this problem?  Is there any way to force the
session manager to start clients in a specific order?

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown