Re: panel question w/ E

On 17 Oct, Marcus Brubaker scribbled:
->  On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 raster@redhat.com wrote:
->
->  > On 17 Oct, Marcus Brubaker scribbled:
->  > ->  This may be something with E, or it may be something with the panel, or it
->  > ->  may be a combination thereof, but the buttons in E no longer hide
->  > ->  themselves under the panel.  This is a little bit annoying, although it's
->  > ->  not that big of a deal.
->  >
->  > if the panel detects a gnome compliant wm  (ie E in CVs) it becomes a
->  > managed client  - E's buttons are sticky and on top - thus above sticky
->  > windows... move the butotns out of the way or turn them off. :)
->
->  Thanks.  I appreciate the clarification.  I've opted to not move the
->  buttons, or remove them, but rather, to use a corner panel.  I like those,
->  a lot.  I would suggest that we have that as a default.  Also, I just have
->  to comment, I LOVE the E config capplet(s).  Very nice...very very nice.

hmm BE WARNED - the e-config capplet is a work in progress.. many
"bits" are simply unimplimented or in a testing phase right now... it
often requires updates of both E and the config capplet. the general
controls pane shoudl all work. the audio too - the desktop background
sone is being worked on right now. expect that to come alive by next
week. The rest will follow as time permits.

->  Marcus Brubaker
->  spoon@elpaso.net
->  http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon
->
->  - "ALL YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS THE MERCY OF HELL."
->  - "Yeah?"
->  - "JUST OUR LITTLE JOKE."
->  - "Ngk," said Crowley.
->          -- Crowley in conversation with his superiors
->             (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
raster@rasterman.com       /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com