Re: BOB: GNOME Word Processor Efforts

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Sam Vilain wrote:

> You still haven't really explained to me the fundamental difference
> between displaying a buffer that contains monospace text, and a buffer
> that contains arbitrary media.

Emacs is already being extended to allow fonts and images. XEmacs already
has those things. However, it is totally irrelevant, because Gnome wants
to write a WYSIWYG word processor in the
Word/WordPerfect/StarOffice/Applix/etc. tradition.  Emacs is not that and
never will be. So it is pointless to discuss. A text editor is not aimed
at the same audience, and is not optimized for the same kinds of work.

Havoc