Re: strange gnome-terminal behaviour

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Adam Alexander wrote:

> Hey, I just found an easy workaround to this problem this morning.  Go
> into the launcher properties and change the "Command" field from
> "gnome-terminal" to "gnome-terminal &".  This causes the terminals to
> exit just fine.  Hope that helps. =)

I haven't tried it but it should work, thanks. But I'm still searching the
cause of this strange behaviour (and that's why I need a broken term :-)

Things are clearer, now: I found, after many attempts with gdb, that in a
"standard" (non-gdm) session the signal mask of gnome-session is 0 (no
blocked signals) and that in a gdm session is set to block signal 17 (and
yes, that's SIGCHLD). I think (but I'm not sure) that signal 17 remains
blocked after fork()'s of panel, gnome-terminal, etc.

Still investigating...
Zun.