Re: gmc & remote directories

----- Original Message -----
From: Sam Steingold <sds@goems.com>
Subject: gmc & remote directories

> Somehow I managed to have #ftp:prep.ai.mit.edu on the top level of my
> GMC.  Now when GMC starts, it connects to prep first, so I have to wait
> for an extra minute (!).  I cannot remove it nor can I move it somewhere
> from the top.  Finally I solved the problem by removing the line
> 1:/#ftp:prep.ai.mit.edu
> from ~/.mc/Tree.

I've typed an address in the "location" bar, hit enter, and nothing... ;-(

That location *did* end up at the top of the directory tree, like yours
though. I simply deleted it though. You can't delete via the left-hand
pane -- is that what you tried to do ? You have to click on "\" on the left
side. Then it will show up in the right-hand window and you can delete it
from there.

> Does anyone use GMC as their main FTP client?
> Is GMC an appropriate tool for this?
> Where do people keep bookmarks?

As I said above, I've tried... without any luck. That was with a little bit
older version though. I haven't tried it with 4.5.30 recently.

> 6. `delete' key should delete a file (or directory).

I completely agree ! Seems so intuitive, doesn't it !

Hall