RE: question on 3rd party software

I addressed this with my complaint that gnome should have its menu's in
/usr/share/apps and not /usr/share/gnome/apps

But at the moment, no there is not... :(

The problem was with namespace conflicts...
I think I have a solution...
Have the menu's in both
/usr/share/apps and /usr/share/gnome/apps...
any shared program will be stored in /usr/share/apps....
if it is gnome spacific like the control center, have its stuff stored in
/usr/share/gnome/apps

have the menus combine the contents of both directorys into the menu so you
cant tell where each one is...

With this setup, kde can do the same thing, have there stuff in
/usr/share/kde/apps and /usr/share/apps, so all common apps get shared
between the two and gnome dosnt see kde only stuff and kde dosnt see gnome
only stuff