Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

Oh darn, and I was just getting to like editing config files...

BTW - I haven't installed the latest releases, but doesn't GNOME still
have a mount/umount button you can place on the gnome-panel? I had three
buttons set up - the cdrom, floppy, and zip drive. While this isn't
automatic, it's still a sight more convenient. Shoot, Windows doesn't
"mount" the drive until you access it, so there's not much difference
except the umount requirement for Unix. I had to search and place the
buttons on the panel - maybe they could be pre-placed on the bar and set
up to allow us to configure them for su operation?

Mike