Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

I've got them on my desktop. They automatically appear if they are
tagged user. If they are not mounted, they will automatically mount
with a double click as I open their contents in a file manager. I have
hda1 (DOS), hdd4 (ZIP) and cdrom. The eject works great on the Zip and
the cdrom with automatic unmounting (a bonus I hadn't bothered to set
up in windows). All I had to do was change to the proper icons in my
user desktop. I even went and picked up a nice icon for the ZIP drive.
Looks great, works great. Doesn't hang if I don't have a Zip or cdrom
in. Just issues a warning message about "can't read superblock". I'm
happy. Been using them all along for transferring and reading files
to/from these devices. It's handier to have two file managers open at
this time. I've also played music cdroms.

Right now I'm just playing with and exploring the system. I'm waiting
for my 6.0 AND manual to feel more secure before dismantling Win95.

Still looking for a nice GUI based news reader. I don't care for the
current Netscape. I have Forte Agent for ng's and threaded mail lists.