Re: GNOME Usability Improvements - Fix the window manager!

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, jack wallen, jr wrote:

> i can agree with this of course.  i think, if i remember correctly, that
> anytime in KDE that a user tried to do something that only had root
> priveleges they were prompted for the root password - is that being
> implimented into gnome?

Personally I do not like KDE habit of reinventing everything. They have
own keymaps, screensavers, ppp setup etc. Probaly GNOME should deal
with user configurable things, system wide tasks belong to distro
setup tools.
Why not program nicer interface for setting up ppp via linuxconf?
or COAS? or whatever else. Separating personal graphical preferences
from system setup does not seem to me Bad Thing at all. Windows and
Mac messed these up and now most people even do not know, that there
is something behind windows. But they should learn.

Lauris