Panel applications and libgtop

Hi all,

Just a quick question.  Compiling gnome-core on Solaris gives me loads of little
panel applets that are esentially useless.  This is because they're supposed to
be monitoring various system performance measures, and do this in *very*
system-specific ways.

But we also have the libgtop library, which is supposed to deliver a whole batch
of clever little system-non-specific APIs so that you can get this information
no matter which OS you're running on.

Am I missing the point here, or should things that go in core be built to use
gtop, and as such, gtop should be added to gnome-libs?  This would solve *so*
many cross-platform issues.

Were this to happen, I for one would be very willing to help ensure the API on
Solaris does as intended.

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk