Gnome-terminal issues

I've been having a couple of problems with Gnome-terminal, and I want to
find out if it's me being really stupid before I submit them as bugs.

1.	maximise screws up screen(1)

This is, to be fair, more likely a bug in screen - only it doesn't have a
problem resizing the window normally. When I maximise, screen quits.

2.	session-restarted gnome-terminal isn't a happy gnome-terminal

Basically, if I log out with gnome-terminal still running, when I log back
in the properties of the terminal have changed. It loses clear-screen
ability, and the startup messages for the shell (some stuff run in my
.profile) are printed with LFs between every character.

The latter doesn't appear to affect subsequent operation of the shell, but
the former means I can't reattach to my screen sessions. I doubt this one's
a screen bug.

Any ideas, anyone? While I'm on the subject of terminals - anyone know
what's with xjed's clipboard handling? I can c&p from xjed to Eterm, but not
to anything else; I can only assume they're using a different clipboard (but
Eterm talks perfectly well to all other X apps).

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org