GMC feedback / comments

Hi !

Alright - (g)mc was the next thing to be checked out and I'd like to
share my impressions.

First of all it is still a little unstable and crashes frequently
(current CVS version with fvwm-gnome-2.2). But that's not dramatic.

I really liked the possibility to go into a tar archive as if it were
a directory. Very nice and seems to work relatively well.

When I drag something from the window onto the desktop there seems to
be no way to drag it back into the window... which brings me to the
worst thing (in my eyes): When dragging something onto the desktop a
move is the wrong operation imho. Putting something on the desktop
should be a *link* and if I delete the icon on the desktop only the
icon should disappear - not the data belonging to it. I think it is
very dangerous if one may lose sensitive data by an accidental drag &
drop maneuver...

The one thing I actually considered useful about the KDE way of doing
things is the way the programs / devices and such are being
added... adding a "template" menu to the right-button desktop menu
might make things a lot easier.

O.k. - that's what immediately crossed my mind when using it,

Regards,
	Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
If a trainstation is where a train stops, what is a workstation?

PGP signature