Re: My first impression and goodbye

Your experience has been similar to mine, except that I am a programmer
and it bugs me even more. After running it for just over four days I
removed it from my computer.

As for KDE, I think you'll enjoy it more right now. I run KDE1.0 on Solaris
at work and KDE1.1 on Linux at home, and neither has ever crashed on me.
The only thorn it has for me is that it is practically a rip-off of Windows
which is the exact thing I hoped to avoid by using Linux. GNOME seems to
have its own style and spirit. It also has a lot of technical merits that
out-do KDE. If it did not have all the bugs and unexpected behaviour, and
was less chaotic and better managed ( I thiink I remember three different
applications/applets that claimed to take care of your dialup connection!
) I would've removed KDE instead.