Re: A must when virtual screen > physical screen

On 09 March, 1999 - torben fjerdingstad sent me these 1,0K bytes:

> I have my virtual screen bigger than the physical screen.
> With that setup I had 2 serious problems, so I went back
> to fvwm2 with manual placement.
>
> 1) E open new windows out of my sight so they are difficult
>    to find.
>
> 2) I have to pan to the bottom of the virtual screen to
>    reach the gnome panel.
>
> Suggestions:
>
> 1) E should be able to allow manual placement and eventually
>    place new windows inside the physical screen.
>
> 2) The gnome panel follows  the physical screen so it always
>    is visible.

If I recall correctly, the apps can never find out how much of the
screen _you_ can see, since the X-server reports the size as large as
the virtual screen is (if you have any, that is).

Have you tried using the software virtual screen available in E, fvwm2
and others?

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå