Re: KDE / GNOME - Working Together ?

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Kristoph A. Cichocki-Romanov wrote:

>     Why not work together to the benefit of the users, rather than working
> independently and splinter a platform which needs to provide a united front
> ?

Because as you said everyone thinks their way is best, and no one will
change.:-)

Miguel has offered to place the Bonobo object embedding stuff in a
neutral namespace and work with KDE on it, but they don't want to use it.
And the people in Gnome who know about these things don't want to use
KOM/OpenParts because they don't like how it works.

Anytime someone tries to start a discussion to resolve these issues,
flameage ensues. So we have all just given up for now. Unless someone
steps in with cash to fly everyone to the same place and force them to sit
in a room together for a couple days, things are postponed indefinitely.

Havoc