gmc performance on NFS disks.

I'm trying to run gmc on my home directory that nfs mounted.  I'm seeing
some performance problems.  It's hard to figure out what it is.  I have a
feeling that since gmc is running on my nfs mounted home directory that
even if I run gmc on something like /tmp, it's going to stat my home
drive, thus slowing things down.

The symptoms are that the panel takes a very long time to load up.  The
desk top icons come up immediately though.  It seems to have problems
NOw I've run gmc on my box at home, and it's very fast loading up the
directory.  Same config however at home and at work.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/