Re: enlightenment

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 11:31:30PM -0500, Geoff Harrison mandrake" wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 12:59:22AM +0100, Ronald de Man wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I know that I'm missing something, and it's probably something very
> > obvious, but when I run enlightenment my windows only have a border
> > without any decorations and I have no root menus of any kind. Left mouse
> > button on the border is moving, middle mouse button is closing, and
> > right mouse button is resizing, and that's all (and I do have multiple
> > workspaces etc). Switching themes makes no difference. It says somewhere
> > that Enlightenment is very strict and ignores any theme that's not entirely
> > correct, but even the default theme doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > My copy is fresh from CVS. So is this behaviour expected? (I'm pretty sure
> > it's not.) Any ideas what could be wrong?
>
> try removing your ~/.enlightenment directory, this might have caused it

The solution for my problem was to first do a make clean before
compiling Enlightenment. I don't totally understand what went wrong,
but maybe it has to do with some files not getting recompiled with
glibc-2.1 (the last time I tried E was using glibc-2.0.x). I would
have expected either a linking error or a segfault, but somehow it
more or less worked fine except that all decorations and menus were
missing, and themes didn't work.

So I have E working now and it's great :)

Thanks!

Ronald