Re: Proper Startup

Thanks for the feedback Gleef,

A couple of more questions/input that I didn't think off before:

Gleef wrote:The default.wm file should be installed as a part of gnome-core.  I have

> First off, it should be "~/.gnome/session".

Yup missed the hidden directory "."

> Secondly, what version of
> gnome-core are you using?

1.03

>  The file locations I gave are wrong for older
> versions of gnome-core (default.session and default.wm used to be in
> $prefix/share, rather than $prefix/share/gnome).  Thirdly, make sure your
> default.session file is intact.

I have one that appears OK. Should it have an entry to start the default IceWM. Can
I just change that to Window Maker or wmaker?

> If none of the above helps, then follow my earlier directions to the
> letter, take notes on exactly what happens wrong, write it up as a bug
> report, and send it in.  http://bugs.gnome.org/Reporting.html has more
> info on how to submit a bug report.

New question:

When I plan to create a new session file. Should I

1) First change .xinitrc to :
exec /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session
2) Start wmaker in an xterm
3) Now run gnome-session?

Different order or???

Thanks for putting up with this nonsense.
Glenn