No Subject

: Well there aer a few things.  What if the system administrator installs a
: new gnome component, and wants to change the default setup.  If you rely
: on the skeleton directory, the sysadmin would have to add this default
: config file to each user's home directory.

You're absolutely right, there should be a global fallback. I was just
trying to suggest the next best thing, so this guy could get
started. Until your patch is in place, changes could be propagated
with Your Favorite Scripting Language. I just didn't want him to feel
stuck.

      - A