Re: serious bug: desktop crashes

I have a similiar problem. When I dial out from the desktop the desktop
freezes up when the dialer app logs on and minimizes. The mouse pointer
still moves around but there is no connection to the desk top anymore.
Have to c-a-bksp to start over. This started with RH 5.2 and is now
intermitant with RH 6.0

--- "Alain M. Gaudrault" <alain@gaudrault.net> wrote:
> Whenever I click on a desktop icon that points to a
> URL, my desktop
> locks up, and only c-a-bksp will recover.  I can
> reproduce it every
> time, though when I run gnome-moz-browser from the
> command line, it
> works just fine.  I configured the default URL
> handler to invoke a
> script which invokes gnome-moz-browser after
> touching /tmp/foo, and
> /tmp/foo is never created, so it seems like
> gnome-moz-browser isn't even
> being executed when I double-click one of the URL
> desktop icons.
>
> This has been happening since I started using GNOME
> on RH5.2, and is
> still doing it now that I've updated to RH6.0, with
> the latest
> GNOME binaries (gnome-core-1.0.5-2,
> gnome-libs-1.0.9-1,
> gnome-network-1.0.2-2, gtk+-1.2.1-10,
> gtk+10-1.0.6-5,
> imlib-1.9.5-4,glib10-1.0.6-5,  glib-1.2.1-2,
> enlightenment-0.15.5-100).
>
> Anyone have any idea why this is occurring?
>
> --
> A tantot.
>
> http://www.gaudrault.net/
> quality costs *less*
>

> --
>         FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at
> http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq

===
...Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...