LUG Report was - Re: Congratulations!

> "jack wallen, jr" <jlwallen@iglou.com> writes:
>
> > oh, and what version of Gnome is shipping with RH 6.1?
>
> A snapshot prior to the 1.0.40 beta.

I was at the Victoria User Group (VLUG) last night and the overall
feeling about Redhat 6.1 was that it deposited almost 1 meg of junk
on your hard drive and that GNOME was slow.

Now the RH install can be customized by I've heard this complaint
before about GNOME being slow.  I kind of thought being written in
C it would be quite fast.

Anyone in the know care to comment on this or send me email
directly?  I really like GNOME and would like to report back to the
LUG with an intelligent and informed reply.

Cheers

George Farris - VE7FRG           E-Mail : george@gmsys.com
G.M. Systems,                  Web page : http://www.gmsys.com
2570 Seaview Road,            Phone/Fax : (250)743-1500
Mill Bay, B.C., Canada
V0R 2P0                       We do pre-installed Linux systems.