Re: LUG Report was - Re: Congratulations!

Hello,

     I must agree that orginally I found Gnome 1.0 to be about as fast on
my AMD K6-2 400 w/128 as Windows NT , 1.40 seemed even worse however with
some optimizations ( recomplied kernel, hd tweaks, setting menus to be kept
in memory) its speed noticeably improved. Also the install of Gnome 1.50
(OctoberGnome) has brought the UI at least as fast as Win95 running on the
same hardware.