GnomeUI-WARNING **:

This is the second time I've gotten the following messages when starting
session managed Gnome apps:

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authentication
rejected.

This is especially annoying during X startup since there seems to be
some time-out mechanism functioning and it takes about 3-4 min to finish

I've cleaned out my .gnome directory once and rebuilt my default
session.  This seemed to help....for a while.

The correct apps eventually start up but placement and iconification
states are messed up.

Anyone have any ideas why this happens?

Oh yea.... I'm running RedHat 5.2 and using the latest RedHat 5.2 Gnome
rpms from www.gnome.org

any help would be appreciated

Matt Flynn