Re: default.session

Norvell Spearman <Norvell@nts-online.net> writes:

> I'm running the latest gnome rpms on a RedHat 6.1 system.  How do I
> change the default.session file so that some other windows manager
> starts up by default (instead of Enlightenment)?  I've already tried
> setting and exporting the WINDOWS_MANAGER variable in my /etc/profile,
> with no success.  Thanks for any help with this.

Once you have saved your session once, default.session is completely
ignored. The only point changing default.session would be if
you wanted to change it for all users.

If your window manager supports X11R6 session management, then all you
need to do is go into the GNOME control center, switch the other
window manager, and then save your session.

(Foot Menu/Settings/Save current session)

Regards,
                                        Owen