Re: powershell/gnome-terminal

On 24 Jan 2000, Jacob Berkman wrote:

> Some things to consider:
>
> a)  HEAD gnome-terminal can already have the menu/panel launcher make
>         new windows in an existing gnome-terminal process

Cool.

> b)  Doesn't having multiple workspaces accomplish what you want to do,
>         in a better, more-currently-implemented way?

I wouldn't say this is a better way, just an alternative. Many people also
say this is the same as running screen.  Well everybody is right.  I just
think it might be easier/faster to understand to click on tab to get to a
terminal rather then remembering which workspace a terminal is in or going
though the screen list.

I think the main value to this addition would be the easy of
use/intuitiveness of the feature.  Also it would cut down on screen real
estate for open terminals.  The counter to that point would be why don't
you minimize terminals you don't use.  Sure you could do that, but then
you have to remember which minimized terminal you want.  With this you can
just change the title of the tab and now when you want that terminal you
click on it.

I don't expect that everybody is going to be using this but it will be
amazingly useful to some.

Rusty
--
Rusty Conover        | rusty@zootweb.com
Systems Programmer   | 406-586-5050 x242