Re: powershell/gnome-terminal

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 12:46:22AM -0500, Jacob Berkman wrote:
> Miles Lane <miles@amazon.com> writes:
>
> > Hey, wow!  This is great!
>
> Some things to consider:
>
> a)  HEAD gnome-terminal can already have the menu/panel launcher make
>         new windows in an existing gnome-terminal process

Good to know.

> b)  Doesn't having multiple workspaces accomplish what you want to do,
>         in a better, more-currently-implemented way?

Not entirely.  If /all/ you used were terminal windows, then sure, I
could see this.  At that point, however, you should really consider
sticking to the console.

If you use terminals and other apps concurrently, it might be nice to
have one window with a couple tabbed terminals inside, and other
applications, all on the screen at the same time.

Not to mention that the overhead of having more workspaces available
configured in your WM may not be negligible...

--
Ian Peters   |  GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C     |  The reader this message
itp@gnu.org  |  E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC  |  encounters not failing to