Balsa

Hello all,

I've used pine and more recently mutt for mail always. I decided to switch
over to a graphical mail client for a change and tried one from the
gnome.org software map, namely Balsa (since it was dubbed the official
gnome mail client).

Anyway, I've got a few things I thought I'd share.

Firstly, Either I downloaded it wrong or compiled it wrong (neither of which
makes sense), or it's stilly horribly buggy. After using it for a week I
had to switch back to mutt. It would crash at the most inopportuned time,
for example right after writing along mail message and pressing the send
button - hence destroying (and not sending) the just-written message. It
even crashes sometimes when trying to transfer messages from mailbox to
mailbox. Is anyone else having these problems.

Secondly, assuming the bugs have been fixed, I have a few cosmetic
suggestions.

The one feature most blatantly missing is drag and drop 'ing
messages from one mailbox into another. Right clicking is fine and dandy
but this being Gnome and all.... Also, I have a LOT of local mailboxes,
all organized under subdirectories. When i right-click on a message and
choose "transfer", it rebuilds the entire mailbox-subdir tree so I can click
where to transfer. This rebuilding takes a *long* time, so much that it's
annoying slow to transfer messages.

Next, balsa recognizes subdirectories (and mailboxes in them) in the local
mailbox path and and displays them perfectly. But there seems to be no
way to create new subdirectories and mailboxes in them (only mailboxes in
the root mailbox path).

Apart from that, Balsa looks great. Good work guyz. I'll try it again when
the next release comes out.

	= L

|       LOBAN AMAAN RAHMAN  <-- anagram of -->  AHA! AN ABNORMAL MAN!      |
|   Snail: MSC #763, Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91126, USA. ** 1-626-395-1407   |
|     Wired: loban@earthling.net, loban@caltech.edu, http://i.am/loban     |
| (Do 'finger loban@ugcs.caltech.edu' for my PGP public key and more info) |