Re: Balsa running - sort of

Paul Lewis wrote:

> Pleased to say I have got Balsa up and running. But have a few points of
> unease about the install,
> firstly, the installation routine put the binary in the user/local/bin
> and various librarys were
> located in the /usr/local/lib directory. When running Balsa the system
> refused to work complaining
> that it was unable to find certain libraries.
>
> Well I moved the libraries into the /usr/lib directory and Balsa into
> the /usr/bin directory and
> that seems to work, although I can run Balsa from either the /usr/bin or
> usr/local/bin directories
> equally well.
>
> My question how should it be configured?
>
> TIA

Method A:  Add the path /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig
as root.  This adds it to your library search path.

Method B:  When configuring, add --prefix=/usr as an option.  This tells
install to place the library files in /usr/lib.  Note that this also places
the binaries in /usr/bin.  Alternativly, using --libdir=/usr/lib changes
only the location of the libraries.  Use ./configure --help to see what
options are available.

Method C:  Add /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

===============
-- Tim
   By (the) which (will) we are sanctified through the offering of the
body of Jesus Christ once for all,  And every priest standeth daily
ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can nev-
er take away sins:  but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for
sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;  From henceforth ex-
pecting till his enemies be made his footstool.  For by one offering he
hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.

                        -- Hebrews 10:10-14 (KJV)