Re: gnome-core / gnome-applets 1.1.6 "BRAINTREE!!" released

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> > Umm.... there is... helix-update.
>
> Er, sorry. So let me change that to the following:
>
> It'd be cool if it were obvious that re-running the updater app would
> cause the most recent packages to be installed, not just the last
> "official" release of everything (happening semi-annually or some
> such).
>
> It sure wasn't clear, for example, that I could reasonably expect
> re-running go-gnome (or whatever it was called) to cause the new
> modules that started this thread, gnome-applets 1.1.6 and the new
> gnome-core, to download and install.

I'm not exactly sure that that is the case. There is a separate application
called helix-update. And a mailing loop you can join that tells you when there
are new helix packages to update with it. Sometimes packages will just show up
as "testing" and they might not get announced but they'd still show up on the
helix-update.
I've had some good luck and some bad luck with it. It seems that as long as I
don't try to update everything at one go, it works fine, but if I do try to
update a lot, I usually end up losing everything the updater was doing, because

as i understand it it still can't pick up where it left off if something goes
amiss.

Jonathan