Re: how to stop gdm from loading?

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 04:58:34PM -0800, JJ D. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently installed helix-gnome and I would rather not have gdm start
> automatically. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Hmm... if you have update-rc.d installed (this is Debian based, yes?), then
	update -f gdm remove
will do the trick. This removes all links to gdm from the /etc/rcX.d
directories while leaving gdm in /etc/init.d untouched.

If gdm is still running, you'll have to stop it...
	/etc/init.d/gdm stop[A

HTH,

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from