Re: How to keep the panel raised.

Hans Deragon <deragon 8d com> writes:

> Greetings.
>

>   This might seam a stupid question, but I would like my panel
>   to remain always showing above (in front of) the other windows
>   on my desktop.
>
>   In the control-center, Desktop/Panel/Miscellaneous panel,
>   I have set on the "Raise panels on mouse-over", but nothing
>   happens when I move my mouse over the panel.  I cannot find
>   any other option to enable such a feature.
>
>   Is there any option to keep the panel raised?  I am using
>   the latest Ximian gnome software and Red Hat 6.2.

Uncheck "keep panel below windows (gnome-compliant window managers
only)" in the same dialog.

The text in the dialog, I think, used to indicate that "raise panels
on mouse-over" only works for old window managers and not
with gnome-compliant window managers.

You might want to submit a bug to bugzilla.gnome.org (component
gnome-core) suggesting that the "Raise panels on mouse-over" option be
removed, since almost everyone has a gnome-compliant window manager
now.

[ I could be completely wrong about this - this is from memory,
  and without checking the source code. ]

Regards,
                                        Owen