Re: Gnome 1.4 beta release....

On 17 Feb 2001 10:16:48 -0500, Michael Weichert wrote:
> Today, I keep hearing about the GNOME 1.4 Beta Release. Is this going to be
> a public beta??? I sure doo hope so. I would really like to get my hands on
> this. Also, when is the OpenOffice components going to be included with
> GNOME and Nautilus? Will Red Carpet be avaliable for use next week?

I was incredibly curious, too and have already looked around. Beta 1
seems to be ready to try. However, ftp.gnome.org couldn't take the load,
it's nearly impossible to log in (user limit). The mirrors have been out
of sync earlier today, i doubt that they have catched up. Don't know
about cvs. I couldn't find a hint if someone (Ximian?) is going to
provide rpms/debs. Would be great, but then, they have lots to do right
now.