menus

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me out with the empty Debian menu on
the foot button. It turns out that the Debian menu still exists when I log
in as root..hmm... So I created a new user, and started X. Guess what?
Empty menu. So a permission problem? Perhaps, but the only file I can find
that's relevant is /etc/X11/sawfish/debian-menu.jl, and it's
world-readable. What the heck is going on???

Thanks again,
Cleek

Cleek's supposition: any resource that is contained in as many cycles as it has instances may cause deadlock.