Re: Red Carpet 0.9 beta

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:18:09 Adam Jacob wrote:

> I understand the source of your complaint; Red Carpet is doing too good
> a job trying to clean up your system dependencies.  However, it is
> wholly unreasonable to say that their software is somehow faulty because
> it doesn't take into account your particular brand of system mangling. :)

No, you're missing the point... I was complaining about Red Carpet wanting to
remove 45 packages completely unrelated to the software I wanted to install.
It should at least give me the option to ignore any dependency issues and let
me continue to install anyway.

> I'll crawl back under my rock now...

Perhaps you should crawl out and read the thread completely first.  :)

--
Renze