Re: cronosII mail client for Gnome

And David McGlone <dmcglone ameritech net> gave word to the following
thoughts:

DM>can anyone recomend a good GUI mail client for Gnome?

Not what I would call GNOME-compliant since it's a project aimed to *only*
use GTK+ with the intention of running outside GNOME and also having a nice
performance on machines with not so much ressources to spend in a desktop
environment: Sylpheed, which you'll find @

http://sylpheed.good-day.net

I'm quite pleased with its performance so far, since it's without problems
sorting a couple of high-volume mailing lists each day (of course I could
use procmail, but... ;)) ), handles several mail accounts (my ISP, GMX,
university and few others) including several SMTP hosts and has some other
interesting features. Using it now for about two months and it's *very*
reliable. :))

Bye,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink
paper: +49 180 5052 5560 8162 -- phone: +49 174 5360871

.a still and peaceful bliss, a glorious resignation,
.any contradiction fades away, any philosophical problem
.becomes clear, or so it seems for a long time you haven't
.been in control...
(Loudblast..sublime dementia)