RE: Gnome login restarts gnome the first time I login.

The web site is here:

http://www.ximian.com

You can download from ftp here

ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-gnome

Basically what Ximian does is to provide a branded version of GNOME
similar to what RedHat does with Linux. They provide enhancements to the
base GNOME packages and create binary packages for many of the
distributions.

Kevin