From Ximian, sorry for my ignorance but I do not know what you are talking
about when you say
get the packages from Ximiam. Sorry I am new in the world of Gnome

Miguel

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Vandersloot <kfv101 psu edu>
To: Miguel Gonzalez <jffernandez usuarios retecal es>
Cc: <gnome-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 11:13 PM
Subject: RE: Gnome login restarts gnome the first time I login.

Your best bet is to either get RedHat 6.x packages from Ximian or build
from source.
To build your own package :

rpm -tb gdm-2.x.tar.gz

You can't use packages for RedHat 7.x with a 6.x system.

Regards,
Kevin

On 19 Jul 2001 23:02:16 +0200, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:

the error is that doesnt allow me to use rpm with the current rpm

version

that I have. It says something about
that my current rpm program can only use RPMs before version 3 or

something

like that.

Hope this helps

Miguel