gnome all freezed

Newbie on this list and linux , I've a problem and need some help :

I modify the command line of the laucher gnome-help on the desktop
and after click on it all freeze ( I have a look on the archive list
- lately - and I notice the installation of Galeon 1.0 caused the problem
I tried to solved - means no more access to the gnome help ! )
I try :
ctrl+alt+bksp
ctrl+alt+del
but mouse and keyboard don't work anymore ,
so I shutdown "badly" by pressing the power button
after restart , same thing
this appears only with my main user ( root or other users are OK )

How can I restore the user session and solve the problem ?
Thank you in advance
Happy new year
Ce mel a été envoyé avec http://www.levillage.org