Re: Limits of GConf

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 06:22:34PM +1300, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> Does any one know the limits of GConf,  I am building an app and have
> decided to pickle some data to GConf rather than to a file on disk.

While not solving your problem, permit me to confuse the situation
futher. If you are going to adopt the above plan, your application will
not be very portable, or else you should not mind if the data goes
completely missing. The point is that there is no guarantee that the
user will have a writable gconf repository available. The system might
be configured so that users cannot change anything.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.