Re: [pygtk] Re: Limits of GConf

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:30:20PM +1300, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> > completely missing. The point is that there is no guarantee that the
> > user will have a writable gconf repository available. The system might
> > be configured so that users cannot change anything.
>
> This applies to all Gonme apps useing GCOnf though doesn't it?  Not
> really a biggie because (unless I am soo wrong) thats thjat whole pont
> of gconf.

Yes it does. But that is why gconf should only be used for data that it
would be "nice" to save on a per-user basis, but not a problem if it was
lost or overridden by an administrator setting. I do not know the
context of the data you are trying to save, but if it is data that you
really _have_ to save for the application to be useful, then you should
use another method.

Malcolm

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.