Re: Limits of GConf

Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob zoism org> writes:
> The list will grow quite large over time (perhapse a few hundred k), how
> large is rather unpredictable, should I go back to pickling to a file?

Yes, gconf doesn't have a hardcoded limit, but this won't be remotely
efficient. And it would for example break gconf-editor just because
it'd be too slow.

More importantly, gconf should *never* be used for data or application
state, only preferences. Remember that the user may not even have a
writable gconf database, it may be completely locked down. Preferences
only.

Havoc