Re: Limits of GConf

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 02:01:04PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> iain <iain prettypeople org> writes:
[...]
> > Is gnome-config deprecated or not?
>
> It currently is, though I think we should have a simple data file API
> somewhere. I've brought up this point several times in the past,
> including when we deprecated gnome_config_* I think, so - not my
> fault.

Um .. what made you say it was deprecated? It is deliberately not marked
as deprecated and there was even discussion on gnome-libs-devel about
that last year because, as jrb pointed out in that thread and you say
here, we need it for legacy work and non-gconf storage. The API
documentation points that out as well.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.