Subject: building gnome from scratch
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:28:56 -0700 (MST)
From: Don Raikes <draikes theriver com>
To: gnome-list gnome org

Hello,

I have a redhat 9.0 system, and I am interested in building gnome 2.4 from
scratch.

I have tried garnome and jhbuild.
Garnome has problems retrieving some packages so that when I am done, I am
missing things like gnome-session.

jhbuild has problems with similar packages.

Is there a trick to building gnome, or is there a better method for doing
it?

Thanks,
Don Raikes, Gnome newbie