Re: background

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 13:57, Gavin Brown wrote:
> > hm, I'm able to uncheck "draw_background" and it remains unchecked even
> > after a restart of gnome, but I get at least the solid colored backround
> > and I'm still not able to draw on it with xearth or webcollage.
> >
> > Is there any probably better resource to ask about this?
>
> I haven't tested it, but there's a GNOME Hack about this:
>
> http://jodrell.net/gnome-hacks/hacks.html?id=10
>
> Gavin.

Yes, I see, it's probably a working work around for xearth or xplanet.
But, for example, this webcollage script (xscreensaver module,
standalone usable) is only able to write to the root window directly.
Therefor I need a more native solution. Maybe it's a good idea to ask
the developers, where this feature went.

Thanks
Eckhard