Some Suggestions

Hi

I am a new Gnome user having spent six months on KDE.

Found out this list and would like to post some
suggestions for GNOME (a couple)

a) Right now, when I want to move a file say firstboot
from /etc/init.d to /home/user/ I have to issue the
command from the termminal. If i try to copy the file
from nautilus, it says it is not possible for me to do
so as a normal user.

According to me, whenever I try to do such a thing, it
(nautilus) should automatically say
   ' The XYZ you are trying to access is under the
control of the superuser. Please enter the superuser's
password to move the file /carry out the function. '

This way we won't have to refer to the terminal or
login as root to carry out such a task.

b) What about a Gnome Tour for new users?

Takers anyone?