Re: Midnight Commander in Gnome Terminal

I think I found how to change MC to work under the new gnome terminal.
I put the following text in my ~/.mc/ini file:

[terminal:xterm]
up=\e[1;5A
up=\eO1;5A
down=\e[1;5B
down=\eO1;5B
right=\e[1;5C
right=\eO1;5C
left=\e[1;5D
left=\eO1;5D

The idea was taken from the distribution-wide file mc.lib, and I
inserted 1;5 in the middle of the escape sequences there based on what
was inserted in a file when I pressed Ctrl+left/right arrow.
Interestingly, the header [terminal:gnome] (which also occurs in
mc.lib) did not make any difference, but as shown above, MC works both
in gnome terminal and xterm.

There was a similar discussion at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+bug/96676
about the fact that gnome terminal suddenly started inserting 1; in
the middle of the escape sequences