Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] installation problem on Mdk 10.1

>> On the other hand, I cannot run GM 1.2 from my user account (only from
>> root account, which is not a solution...). The error is "gconf error key
>> (I traduce approximetly) gnomemeeting obtained an incorrect value from
>> the
>> gconf key : /apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age (etc...)"
>
> Try killing gconfd (or gconfd-2) to have it sync with the schemas.
> That's a known error in the postinst script of SuSE IIRC. Maybe MdK
> suffers from the same problem. (If you don't know how killing a process
> works, plain reboot)

OK. Killing gconfd-2 did the trick. Thanks Kilian! But I disagree whith
you on the way to permit/teach/help people to access or install software.
All is a question of time. You don't have enough time to be an expert in
each softs. You are an expert on this sub-field of computer science and a
user on this other sub-field... So, as a user you have to spare time... As
an expert, things are different!...

Bests,

Emmanuel